Sunday, September 6, 2015

This week was another great week at OHE!  Thank you for supporting your students and coming to learn about their classes at Back to School Night.

As I walked to classrooms this week, I observed the students hard at work and eager to learn. I saw lessons in every subject area and listened to many wonderful discussions being had by the students.


One of my favorite things to do as I walk around visiting classrooms is to view all of the wonderful student work displayed in the hallways and the rooms. It gives me insight into how the students think and helps me to learn more about them.






Kindergarten is studying letters and used the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to help introduce this concept and then the students made their own coconut trees. Some of the first grade classes did a writing activity called "the best part of me is..."  Students had to pick what they thought was the best part of them and then explain why they picked that part. What a great way to build self esteem!



In assembly on Friday, we received the results of the summer reading challenge. Oak Hill met the goal and read 2502 books over the summer! Way to go! I look forward to participating in the challenge next summer. Some of the winners for the grade levels are pictured below. 

Next week, we will begin our Student of the Week Awards at assembly. 

Don't forget that we have the Ice Cream Social this coming Friday, September 11. We hope to see you there! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the extra day off on Monday.  Tuesday morning begins another great week of school!