Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Wonderful First Week of School






The first week of school at Oak Hill Elementary was a success! I hope that your children had as much fun as I did. We spent time learning systems and practicing routines this week. It is important for the students to know what we need to do on a daily basis in the classroom, in the hallways and in other areas of the school building. It helps the school run smoothly and allows for maximum learning by the students during the day. 

 

Breakfast and lunch systems worked well and we efficiently got students through the breakfast and lunch lines to give them a healthy start to the day and to provide more fuel to keep them going until dinner time. This is always such a great time to chat with their friends and really get to know their classmates. I enjoyed meeting many students this week by helping out with lunch duty. As a reminder, if you come to eat lunch with your child, we are asking that you please sit on the stage. We appreciate your understanding and observation of this policy.

I was able to visit every classroom on Monday and welcome and meet the students. It is always so much fun to see their faces, bright with the anticipation of a new school year. Check these students out below- they look ready for a great year!


Everyday, I meet someone new who is volunteering at the school, asking how they can help, or just wishing us a great year. The Oak Hill community is strong and dedicated to working to make sure that Oak Hill is the absolute best place to be. Our students are so lucky!!

My wish for this school year is that every student and teacher make this their best school year ever. I have a feeling that this year will be one of my favorites! I look forward to seeing you all on Monday. Be sure to get some rest this weekend. The first week of school is always tough as we adjust to the new routine.

I included the first day picture of my boys and I. They are in 7th grade! (Gulp)

Just a reminder that this coming week we will have Back to School Night. Wednesday night from 6-7pm is for grades K-2 and Thursday night from 6-7pm is for grades 3-5. Hope to see you there!