Tuesday, May 12, 2015

GUEST AUTHOR: MS. GROTRIAN


Ms. Jodi's Storytime


I have to admit, there’s nothing more enjoyable than hearing children laughing while listening to a story being read aloud to them.  As you walk through the halls of OHE, you’ll often hear a theatrical voice echoing through the open rooms followed by chants of laughter.  This is the sound of Ms. Jodi Picardat reading to our beloved OHE students.  Jodi is one of our many volunteers who dedicate their time and talent to Oak Hill.  It’s definitely a literary treat for our students, and you’re sure to fall in love each story she reads!  She brings her characters to life with her unique voices and infectious energy.  I remember the first time she came to read to my class, and I thought to myself, “Yes! A bit of free time to grade some papers!”  Little did I know that I would spend the whole time listening to the story, just as engaged as my students; smiling and laughing along with them!  I can’t imagine the endless amount of students who have grown to love reading, simply because of Ms. Jodi’s impact!  She has introduced our students to a variety of genres, authors, and characters.  Therefore, students are even more excited to venture to the library to get the next book in the sequel or read another story by the same author.


Thus, on behalf of OHE, I would like to take a moment to say “Thank You Ms. Jodi” for sharing your love for reading with our students throughout the years.  Our students will forever remember the way you made books come alive!