Friday, September 6, 2013

Do you ever sit back on Friday nights and go, "Where did the week go?" That's how I feel writing my blog this week. It’s only the second week of school and already it feels like we have been back longer than that. Maybe because here at OHE we get right into the swing of things and students are already actively learning. I am quite impressed with all the reading, writing and math I’ve seen walking through classrooms. The students appear eager to learn and are really trying to impress their teachers. The week culminated with our annual Ice Cream Social. This is a wonderful, relaxing event outside. It reminds me of a neighborhood block party. Kids are off in the distance (on the playground, soccer field, and/or running the track) while parents are busy saying hi to friends they haven’t seen over the summer and introducing themselves to new parents. It is also a time that “older” students come back and say hi. I think that is one of my favorite things. It’s great to know they want to come back to OHE, and we enjoy seeing how grown-up they have become. Thank you Mrs. Spedale for organizing such a great event. Remember Monday night is Back-to-School for everyone. Be patient! The parking will be extremely limited. So come early and be prepared to walk.