Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

This time of year is always a good time to reflect on the many things that we are thankful for. This year, I can add being a part of this wonderful school to my list. I am extremely thankful to be here each and every day! I enjoy walking through the classes and the hallways and seeing the smiling faces of our students. This school has such a warm feel to it and I know that it is because of the amazing students, faculty, and parents at Oak Hill. I am so thankful for the many volunteers who give of their time to help our school and our students to have fun and to learn. We could not do it without you!

Speaking of volunteers... did you know that we have THREE volunteer Reading programs at OHE that help our primary students sharpen their reading skills? These programs require dedicated volunteers that give their time once, twice or as many as 5 times a week to help our students. One of these programs has been around for 25 years!  Here are some pictures of the Soaring Reading, Reading Rangers and the Young at Heart Reading programs. We are thankful for their time and dedication.

 

 

 


Last week and this short week, contained many exciting events. Fourth and fifth grades attended the UT Women's Basketball game. I'm not sure who had more fun- the students or the parents?
 

 

The second grade students had a visit from KEYE meteorologist Collin Meters to kick off their weather unit.













We celebrated the students who participated in the empty bowl project
and the students who were recognized by their teacher for showing Respect, our SEL Word of the Month.

We have a great group of students, parents, and teachers! I am so thankful to be a part of such a caring and involved community.

I wish you all a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope that you enjoy the break and the time with your family and friends.