Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome back!  It was so wonderful to see all the students' faces Tuesday morning.  Hopefully it was a smooth transition back into the school routine.  I know for me hearing that alarm clock sound early Monday morning was not pleasant.  Although tired, I think this was a normal OHE week.

Wednesday, our 5th graders attended a Lady Longhorns Basketball game.  I realize for some this might seem like a real stretch in order to align with the TEKS. But to me, it is one of those life experiences that supports students with their learning.  There is more to  learning than just reading, writing, and math.  Community involvement is an important part of being a successful adult too-even if it was a UT basketball game!  The students had a blast, and I heard the game went into overtime and the new football coach, Coach Strong, made an appearance and spoke to the crowd.



Don't forget that tomorrow we have two things going on...Student Council is cleaning up the street in front of OHE (9:00) and our annual Family Fun Run (10:00).  Hope to see you there.