Friday, October 18, 2013

As teachers held conferences on Monday, the PTA Teacher Appreciation Committee hosted a Soup Luncheon for us.  It was a yummy treat.  Thank you to everyone who made soups.  

Wednesday was “Wear Orange for Bully Awareness”.  It was a sea of orange.



With the support of the PTA Grant Committee, Mr. Cumings won the State Farm Grant. The money will be used with the Gardening Club to support the efforts of our butterfly garden and restore some of the bird habitats in the area.    

 3rd - 5th grade students participated in the Austin Jazz Workshop.


I would like to say thank you to Mrs. Castaneda, who helped us out this week in the cafeteria while Pinky and Janelle were out.  THANK YOU!!!!

The 1st grade reading program - Reading Rangers is still needs volunteers to work with the students.  We only ask for 30 minutes once a week.  I have participated in this program for three years.  The student I tutored my first year is now a third grader.  One wouldn't think that working with a student just thirty minutes once a week would make a difference, but it does. The student I tutored came to me last week and said, "Dr. Mitchell I miss reading with you.  I think you are my best friend!"  Wow, to have a student say that to you makes it all worth while.  Let me know if you would like to help.