Monday, October 11, 2010

The weather for Marathon Kids on Saturday was great! I have always been a huge supporter of Marathon Kids, because it is what motivated me to become a runner. About 14 years ago, I went to run the first lap with my fifth grade class back when it was at Auditorium Shores. I quickly learned that I could not finish the lap. Embarrassed, I decided to do something about it and signed up with RunTex to train for the Motorola Marathon. In 1998, I ran 26.2 miles completing my first - and only marathon. However, that experience taught me that value of exercising and I have participated in other races as well as triathlons since then.

I encourage you to participate in Marathon Kids with your children. The 26.2 miles doesn't have to be completed at one time. You have about 5 months to finish. See everyone at the finish line!