Thursday, December 18, 2014

Congratulations to the two OHE Lego Robotics teams Stormdragon & RoboKnights who competed this past weekend and have earned a place at the next level, the Central TX FLL Invitational Championship.  Good Luck!






At the AISD Board Meeting Monday Night, OHE was recognized for our results on STAAR last spring.  OHE earned 3 out of 6 possible distinctions:  Postsecondary Readiness, Academic Achievement in Reading/English Language Arts, Academic Achievement in Science.  Way to go students and teachers.  

5th graders attended a performance at Zach Scott Theater.  Although the students were there to see others perform, I heard our own Mr. Cumings was on stage.  (I know the picture is bad because pictures weren't supposed to be taken, but who could resist).  


Phil Bildner was here Wednesday and presented students with lively advice on how to become a better writer.  It was encouraging to hear that even a professional author had to rewrite one of his books 21 times!  (That makes me feel better about all the rewrites for my dissertation!)






Our own Jackie Grotrian has been nominated by one of her students for the "My Teacher Rocks" contest.  Help keep her in the lead by going to the link below and voting for her!
http://austinsmilefixer.com/fun-stuff/contests-events/

And of course to everyone who helped make this holiday season so special for our students.  The food and activities for the classroom parties was just amazing.  






To see our Hip Hop Dancers and Ballet Folklorico Dancers performance during assembly this morning, the link is below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQGMSwMrf0&feature=em-upload_owner
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOK3WTQUTqE&feature=em-upload_owner
This is such a wonderful community.  Every time I walked into my office this week another treat was waiting for me!  Thank you so much for remembering me.  I wish each of you a very relaxing and joyful holiday season.