Friday, January 11, 2013

Welcome Back!  As much as I look forward to winter break, I also enjoy returning to school.  I think it was a smooth transition back into the structure of school for both the students and teachers.  I have seen lots of writing assignments about New Year’s Resolutions.  I wonder how many here at OHE will follow through with them?  If exercising was one of your resolutions, one  way to start is attend our Family Fun Run tomorrow.  It starts at 10:00 on the playground.  If community service was part of your resolution, we also have something in that area.  The student council is working on their second community project, cleaning Patton Ranch Road.  They will be here tomorrow at 9:00 picking up trash. I know they would love some help. 
Today was also a Student Council Spirit Day and students came to school wearing costumes.  It was really fun in assembly. 
For those who haven't heard, Mrs. May a second grade teacher, resigned right before break.  She accepted a professor position at UT and will be greatly missed.  Luckily, we found a fabulous teacher to replace her, Ms. Irma Aguirre.  She too, is a UT alumni, but had been working in the valley.  Missing Austin, she applied and I hired her immediately.  If you see her around campus, please tell her hi!