Friday, September 7, 2012

I would like to start by thanking everyone for their support while transportation resolved the bus overcrowding situation.  The new "zebra" bus started today and the other buses were under the student ratio.  I shouldn’t have to remove any more students due to buses being overcrowded. 


You have heard me say many times that schools are much more fun when students are in them.  That is definitely the case here at OHE.  I have spent most of the past 9 days either in the cafeteria or classrooms.  Those, believe or not, are actually my favorite places because I can interact with students.  Plus, watching a bunch of four and five-year-olds eat can be a pretty comical experience.  Try it sometime.  Students love to have their parents eat with them, especially if they bring something special for lunch. 

Classrooms are fun places as well.  Students are engaged in their learning and eager to demonstrate that learning to me.  As I visited kinder classes, students were busy learning about science.  Some classes were discussing matter and what that meant, while in other classes students were observing, exploring, and predicting. 

 



Just about in all the intermediate grades, students had been busy writing.  Hopefully you will see their products next week during Back-to School Night.  I think you will be impressed. 

Back-to-School Nights are from 6:00 – 7:00. 
PK -2nd is September 10th
3rd – 5th is September 13th.

I would also like to thank everyone who helped with our PTA family fun night’s Ice Cream Social.  It was a great opportunity with mounds of ice cream and plenty of music.